The two reasons to run Aquawing Ozone Laundry Systems in your OPL commercial laundry room:
Aquawing is essential to any successful laundry operation. One of the abundant reasons for customer success is the drastic savings that an Aquawing ozone laundry system offers.
An Aquawing ozone laundry system dramatically cuts utility and labor costs largely thanks to its ability to process laundry with mostly cold water and its ability to cut cycle times. Combined with proper use and good practices, savings can be as high as the following:
- Labor: The Aquawing ozone system activates water and relaxes linens. The weave of relaxed linen is more open and allows the wash action of the washer to be more effective. Because of this increase in efficiency less overall time is required to wash linen. Furthermore, these relaxed linens retain less moisture and are able to be dried in less time.
- Electricity: A facility operating using other energy sources will typically see savings as high as 15% due to the decrease in wash and dry times as previously explained. Electricity savings will be up to 80% higher for those facilities using electric dryers and/or electric water heaters.
- Linen: Not only is the quality of the wash product greatly enhanced with an Aquawing ozone system, but linen life is extended 20+ percent as well. Shortening wash and dry times greatly reduces wear on garments leaving them whiter, brighter and softer while leaving them with a natural, fresh scent.
- Total Water: Total water is reduced because ozone as a catalyst in cold water works to relax the weave of fabrics and activates the water. These two factors allow the wash process to be more efficient and require less overall water. In fact, the colder the water the better Ozone works. Aquawing has multiple installations washing in 100% cold water
- Hot water and Gas: Ozone works best in cold water. This is where facilities see some of their largest savings. Because ozone works best in cold water, hot water (and the gas to heat that water) consumption can be drastically reduced. We typically see hot water reductions as high 85%, which , with energy bills back on the rise, equates into a lot savings on energy usage as well as being more environmentally friendly. Hot water cannot be eliminated, however, without sacrificing wash quality. The Aquawing engineers and chemists have been working for over a decade on perfecting ozone wash chemistry and the simple fact is that one step of 100-110 degree fahrenheit water is required to aid the bleach in whitening the product.
The Aquawing Disinfection Ozone Laundry System is the only system in North America that is clinically validated to disinfect and to kill the super bugs MRSA (staph), C diff, aspergillus niger as well as doctor verified to kill HIV and Hepatitis amongst others. Two separate microbiologists were recruited and conducted a multitude of extensive tests using the Aquawing patented Interfusor The results came back and blew the microbiologists away.
It is not true that all ozone systems will properly disinfect laundry. This is an important concern for any facility that may be processing linens, mops, cloths, etc., contaminated with infectious materials (correctional institutions, hospitals, nursing homes, sports facilities, etc.). Ozone does have powerful disinfecting properties, but simply relying on the reputation of ozone gas as a disinfectant does not mean that all ozone laundering systems will provide sufficient disinfection especially with super bugs such as MRSA (staph) and C.diff. and many more.
There is no evidence that has proven ozone disinfection for all ozone laundering systems. Many other companies often use Aquawing test results: materials reflecting the disinfection qualities of ozone, but not disinfection studies when using their technology. These microbiologist studies were conducted using technologies that we have developed through years of extensive research and development.